Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Blog Post #1

What About EDM 310?

  I am a little intimidated coming into EDM 310. I was told not to take this course if I have a big load on my plate because it will be easy to get left behind. It is hard to compare this class to previous classes because it is very different from any class I have ever had. A few weeks before the class had began I took a look around at the previous class blogs and assignments. This helped me to be a little more prepared on the first day. Up until this point I had considered myself to be "with the times" when it comes to technology. However, after the first class of EDM 310 I know I have a lot to learn.

I have spent some time this past week looking over future assignments/projects. I think the most difficult thing about this course will be getting over any initial confusion and frustration I may have with myself while learning the new technologies. I think the best way to address that will be asking fellow class members, Dr. Strange and the lab professionals questions if I get stuck or do not understand something. Although I have been nervous at times about this course, I am looking forward to the new things I will be learning and incorporating them in my classroom in the future.

computer tech



4 comments:

  1. I definitely know what you mean about this class being different. I think most of us have not had a class like this so far. It was a really smart idea of you to look on past blogs. I never even thought of that; I had no clue what was waiting for those entering EDM 310.
    I know you are not alone in the feeling of confusion and frustration. I know when I read over the future assignments, my mind was just racing with confusion and the feeling of, "how in the world am I going to do this."

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have a lot to learn!

    Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hollie,
    I too had a little anxiety about taking EDM 310! I believe a lot of students were a little nervous about taking this course. EDM 310 does seem a little intimidating the first couple of weeks. This class is completely different from any other college course I have ever taken. You mentioned in your blog too stay on top of assignments, blog post, and activities. I totally agree with you! Time management is the key to passing this class.I really feel that EDM 310 will not only make you a great learner, but also a outstanding educator! I believe as long as you complete the assignments in a timely manner, and have a optimistic attitude everything will go smoothly! I really enjoyed reading your post, and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete