Friday, August 22, 2014

Practice Blog Post

I.  About Me
    A.) Who Am I?
    B.) My Family/Passions
    C.) My Interests
    D.) How I started at USA & Why I wanted to Enter the Field of Education



Hello! My name is Hollie Faulkner and I am 32 years old. I was raised in Satsuma and I currently live in Semmes, AL. My interests are reading, cooking, fishing, and spending quality time with my friends and family. I graduated high school in 2000. After graduation I applied for college at Faulkner State Community College where I majored in nursing and surgical technology. Three years later I transferred to USA to finish my nursing degree.  Later I realized that it wasn’t the right career choice for me so I decided to take a break from school. I took a job working full time and what I thought would be a short break away from my studies turned into 6 years.
During those 6 years I met a wonderful man who became my husband in 2009. We have two amazing boys, ages 4 and 7 months. Being a wife and a mother are my top priorities and passions. My family gives me daily encouragement that drives me to want to work harder at pursuing my education degree and becoming a teacher. My 4 year old just started his first year of pre-kindergarten. I love to practice his school work with him. His favorite things right now are flash cards and counting objects. The expression on his face when he gets praise for learning something new is priceless and is also one of the many reasons I want to become a teacher. 
I am currently working part time as an administrative assistant but after much prayer and consideration my husband and I decided it was time to return to South Alabama to finish my degree. I am taking EDM 310 and EPY 351 this semester. I’m quite nervous but also excited to be on this journey. Teaching in my opinion will always be a challenging yet rewarding career. I think it is not only a profession of giving but of receiving as well. I can't wait to get started!






1 comment:

  1. This is your practice post. Where is Blog Post #1. Please correct the name of this post.

    ReplyDelete