Sunday, October 12, 2014

C4T #2

Post #1

Daniel Edwards Blog

Daniel Edwards is the director of Digital Strategy at the Stephen Perse Foundation schools in the United Kingdom.  In his first post I read, he talked about how exciting a time it was for teachers with the access to all of the new technologies that are available. Pedagogy was a term he used often in this post. I had actually never heard of the word before so I researched and found that merriam-webster defines it as "the art, science, or profession of teaching." Edwards discusses the different ways pedagogy can adapt to take advantage of the use of technology in education. I commented that through taking EDM 310 I have been able to observe the use of technology in classrooms and the positive impacts it is having on teachers and students. I also stated that it has been fascinating to see how combining technology with class content has really gotten students engaged in the learning process. I told him that I definitely agree it is an exciting time for teachers and I am looking forward to the journey.


Pedagogy



Post # 2 

The second post of Daniel Edwards that I read was called "Why Innovate?" He says the most important thing is learning however, with the changes in curriculum and implementation of new technology, he is curious to how much time is wasted with distractions. With all these things adding distractions to learning he could make a case for or against innovation and it just being another distraction. He feels however that this is the wrong way to look at the situation. He states that if teachers aren't using the tools available to them then they aren't helping to develop the learning process so its time to start taking advantages of the opportunities available. So "Why Innovate?" he says, because you can.  I commented that the ways in which we can teach and learn are constantly changing.  I agree that those involved in education are not helping to develop the learning process if they aren't innovating and using the the great resources available to them.



Innovation

No comments:

Post a Comment