Sunday, November 30, 2014

C4T #4

Teaching with love and laughter

For this C4T assignment I chose to comment on a teacher's blog that I randomly came across this semester. Her name is Lori and she has been teaching at the elementary level for over 20 years. The name and colorful design of her blog initially caught my attention. Then I began reading through her blog and really became interested in the things she had to say.

I left my first comment on her blog post that talked about using Google Docs to schedule conferences. I thought this was neat since we have used them several times in EDM310 this semester.  She had the idea to use Google Docs to help schedule parent/teacher conferences instead of making a ton of phone calls. A document would be created and shared with the parents. All they had to do was sign their name next to a time that was available. I though this was a great idea and would save a lot of time rather than trying to reach out to the parents through phone calls.

The second blog post of Lori's that I chose was similar to one we were assigned this semester. It was a post about her classroom. She had several pictures and descriptions of everything in her room from the different learning stations to some of the students work. She also had a little classroom library where the children could sit and read books. Her room was very colorful and organized. I love looking at pictures of teacher's rooms and seeing the different ways they design and arrange their stations.

teaching with love and laughter

No comments:

Post a Comment